One of my biggest problems when trying to eat healthier is lunch, what to have for lunch?
I am not the most organised of people, it just doesn’t come naturally to me. I wish i was one of those people who puts away laundry the second it is out of the tumble dryer, or does the washing up straight after dinner but I am just not, I accept this wholeheartedly.
However, when it comes to lunches I really need to buck my ideas up. Part of the new Weight Watchers programme is all to do with routines, setting up achievable routines which if you do enough will become second nature.
On the Weight Watchers website they offer members a routines tool, which suggests handy things for you to do everyday (you can pick the right ones for you), with the hope of them becoming routine. They give you a checklist tool which you can use to tick off when you do it, the app also gives you friendly reminders which is great for me and my fuzzy brain.
I actually really like this idea, so I have set myself the following routines;
Eat breakfast everyday – I am terrible for not doing this, and am always reaching for the biscuits by 10:30am. Always have healthy snack to hand – I have a drawer stuffed with various 2pp biscuits, sweets and fruit to reach for on those hungry days. Put down your fork between bites and sip water – I am always in such a hurry when eating, always the first to finish, and always the first to go for seconds. This allows me time to realise I am full and stops me going for seconds.
Another routine I am hoping to adopt is preparing a healthy lunch the night before, I am terrible for sleeping a little too long and having to run out of the house, so having something ready to just shove in my bag is ideal.
Here are a few things I have made for lunch recently;
2. I ate out once in my first week, and opted for a half pizza and salad. A great way to have what you fancy but not use up too many points!
3. Homemade Butternut Squash Soup, so easy and filling, although I need to solve the issue of carrying homemade soup to work. Any suggestions?
4. Roast Aubergine and Pomegranate Salad, a bit of an experiment which worked out well, although I do want to look into potential dressings in future.
5. Weight Watchers ready meal, for those days when I am not very organised!
6. Tin of Soup and Warburtons Danish bread, an easy lunch for a busy day, but not really filling enough for me if I am honest.
Here is my ridiculously easy butternut squash soup recipe for you…
- 1 medium Butternut Squash
- Stock (enough to cover)
- 2 medium Carrots
- A pinch Cumin
- A pinch Dried Chilli Flakes
- A pinch Smoked Paprika
- 3 Tablespoons Creme Fraiche
Total Propoints: 2 Per portion: 0
Do you have any routines? Or are there any you wish you had?
Feel free to leave your favourite lunch ideas or blog posts in the comments below!
N.B – I had my first weigh-in yesterday and lost 1lb in my first week! Very pleased with that. From previous experience I tend to do better with small but steady weight loss, it is much more realistic for me.